Apricity Consulting collaborates with experienced trainers to develop and present customised training and knowledge-transfer solutions for clients. All solutions are based on industry recommended standards:
- Introduction to Sound and Audiovisual (AV) Archives Management
- Sound and AV Archival Concepts
- Audio (Analogue & Digital) Archiving
- Video (Analogue & Digital) Archiving
- Film Archiving
- Restoration of Sound and Audiovisual material
- Archive Inventory & Cataloguing
- Metadata & Accessing Content
- Rights Management
- Relevant technical expertise to manage the transfer and digitisation of sound and AV material.
Sound and Audiovisual (AV) Archives, their management and their collections are all unique. Apricity Consulting’s forté is to help organisations preserve their unique sound and audiovisual archives by way of customised advice and appropriate workable solutions. This entails
- An assessment of strategic archival objectives and
- An evaluation of the current state of the Sound and Audiovisual Archives, including the physical condition, inventory and databases, and technical infrastructure.
The assessment and evaluation are tailored to the specific business needs of the client to ensure collections are preserved and accessible through
- Detailing current and future requirements of the archives, and mapping current processes
- Conducting a gap analysis and producing an archival roadmap to transform the archive and derive the benefits of digital workflows
- Developing appropriate recommendations to improve the management of the archive, and advise on the levels of effort, risk and future change. This is done in line with industry best practices taking into account any financial constraints.
- Providing Sound and Audiovisual Archive Management frameworks as required for Inventory Management, Cataloguing and Metadata Management, Thesaurus and controlled vocabulary dictionaries, Storage, Digitisation, Workflows, Policies, Intellectual Property, Accessibility and usage of content.